California Health Coverage Plans
Where To Apply In Del Norte County
Healthy Del Norte Kids
Children’s Health Outreach Coordinator:
Norte Community Health Center
550 E Washington St
Crescent City, CA
CaliforniaKids Healthcare Foundation was founded in
1992 with the mission to provide uninsured children access to basic health care services.
CaliforniaKids is an independent
non-profit organization that provides premium-subsidized, comprehensive preventive and primary health care services to children
ages 2 through 18.
CaliforniaKids is a broad-based community program partnering with corporations, private industry,
foundations, health care providers, and community organizations.
CaliforniaKids has served more than 65,000 children
who are not eligible for government-sponsored health care programs and whose parents cannot afford the cost of private medical
CaliforniaKids partners with community organizations
to identify and enroll eligible children.
Once enrolled, a child receives an Identification Card
that entitles him/her to coverage.
CaliforniaKids has contracted over 1,000 health care providers and 80% of the pharmacies
The program is subsidized by corporations, foundations, and individuals.
A monthly shared- premium payment is required of participating families. In addition, co-payments ranging from $5-$50 are
required at the time services are rendered.
CaliforniaKids provides low cost primary health care coverage for uninsured children ages 2 through 18 (including undocumented
and emancipated youth). This program has limited availability. Call the number below for more information.
Who is eligible?
- Children 2 through 18 who are not eligible for full-scope, No-Cost Medi-Cal or other state assistance programs for health
care, such as Healthy Families, or who cannot afford private insurance.
- Children 2 through 18: up to 250% FPL ($50,000 for a family of four)
- Foster children 18-19: up to 300% FPL ($60,000 for a family of four)
- No citizenship requirements.
- Children may be enrolled in California Children's Services for specialty care and be eligible for CaliforniaKids for basic
- Families are not required to provide social security numbers or immigration status information.
What are the benefits?
- Comprehensive preventive and primary care coverage: medical office visits, dental and vision care, prescription drugs,
mental health services, needed lab tests, and 24 hour access to advice nurses by phone.
- Hospitalizations and major surgery are not covered.
How much does it cost?
- $15/child per month, with a maximum fee of $45/family per month.
- Co-payments ranging from $5-$25 are required at the time services are rendered.
- $25 one time application fee per family.
- Call 818-755-9700 to have a mail-in application sent to you or for a list of providers in your area.
- You may also apply at places around the community such as child care centers, clinics, schools, group homes, and other
child-serving organizations. Please visit the website for more information.
This site is intended as a resource to provide Sutter Coast Hospital Patients better access to
free or low cost medical coverage. For more help and information contact:
Debbie Youtsey - Patient Services - Sutter Coast Hospital
800 E. Washington Blvd. PO Box 2009
Crescent City CA 95531
Phone: (707)464-8960 Fax: (707)464-8839